Remote Deposit Capture
What is Remote Deposit Capture?
RDC is a service which allows business customers to scan checks and transmit the images or ACH data to us for posting and clearing of checks. Checks which are received at your business are scanned to create a digital deposit and then transmitted over an encrypted connection to the bank which then accepts the deposit and posts it to your businessís account.
What are the system requirements?
An internet connection, a PC, a check scanner and a service provider (i.e. Pioneer Bankís vendor ProfitStars) are all that are required.
What are the benefits to my business?
- Extended daily deposit deadline
- Reduced transportation cost and risk
- Increased efficiency and convenience in the workplace
- Accelerated check clearing
- Allows businesses to accept checks via phone or establish recurring monthly payments from customerís accounts that are deducted automatically
- Software stores deposits for 7 years providing instant access to banking information for audit/tax purposes
We have cash to deposit along with our checks. Is this service still beneficial to my business?
Most businesses who receive cash in addition to checks find that they can make fewer trips to the bank or they keep some of the cash on hand for use in registers, petty cash, etc.